Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Photo Challenge: Days 10 & 24

30-Day Photo Challenge
Digging deeper into my photo archives.
In 2007 I joined RAGBRAI Team LIVESTRONG. As a member of that team I committed to raising not only funds, but awareness in relation to cancer support and research. I took on that challenge through ribbons. Each year that I ride with LIVESTRONG, I wear ribbons with the names of people who have had cancer, whether they currently or no longer survive.


Day 10 -- Something I made
This is the wreath I made from the ribbons. I have yet to add the 2008, 2009 and 2011 ribbons.











Day 24 -- A smile
That's my Maggie-Pie-Dog. She's gone now. As of August 2007 as a matter of fact. She was a cutie pie and liked to smile though. She even posed for this photo.
I wrote about Maggie once before here:
http://traveltheopenroad.blogspot.com/2008/02/finding-inspiration-in-others.html .
If you knew the Magpie, you'd find it hard to believe it was only once before!

No comments:

Post a Comment